Sunday, April 08, 2007

My daughter and granddaughter came to visit the week before Easter. They were going to go to Cancun, but their passports haven't arrived yet, so they decided to visit us for a week. We had so much fun!! Shopping, cooking, making homemade ice cream(coffee flavor), telescopes, and all around just visiting. Even with doing the house, it wasn't bad. They had left a queen sized blow-up mattrus last time they visited so sleeping arrangements were ok!
We went to South Coast Plaza for shopping. WOW-did we enjoy ourselves!! I even got a few things. I didn't realize how much I missed shopping. I got a few things for both of them.
My daughter and I also went to get a manicure and pedicure, while Jessica went with grandpa to Meade to see all the telescopes and get some information. Grandpa also had brought out his scope and they did get to see a few stars.
Making ice cream was fun. Jessica got to put in the ice and watch it churn. I made coffee flavor, but I use a little trick-I use instant espresso sprinkled over the heavy cream till it dissolves instead of brewed coffee. Makes for better flavor!!!! I also cooked a nice ham on Thursday and we all sat down for an early Easter dinner.
They left on Friday, so we get a "quiet" Easter day. My sons couldn't come down this year. Maybe summer!!!

No comments: