Tuesday, May 15, 2007


Mickey and Minnie Mouse!! While cleaning out Mother's things, I came across this ceramic pair. They are not in the best of shape, have no tails, and their names are on their chests. They are ok, but I'm not into "Disney" stuff. I think they are from the 30's or 40's. I don't know anything about them. If you know anything about them, please let me know.
I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff. I'd say more than half of what used to be in this house is not "gone". Mostly, I gave things away as a "pay it forward" thing. It's not really difficult for me to do this ether. I hear about a lot of people having a hard time getting rid of a parent's belongings. I guess I am not one of those kind of people. I can chalk that up to waiting so long to have my own home again. Plus with having taken care of Mother for so long, and having everything arranged before she passed, it really made things easier. And Mother had the insight to make sure I had enough money to do this house the way I wanted to. Believe me I am not a cold hearted woman, just practical. I saved the really important things of hers. So, now I am really getting things the way I want them!!

No comments: